SMEC Academic Summer Camp
Science, Math, ELA, and Civics (SMEC)
June 3–17, 2019
Salem High School – Conyers, GA
Since 2008, the American Institute for Resource and Human Development has provided quality summer programs for high school students at no to low cost to their families. Once again, this summer, we will provide ALL STUDENTS an intense two-week focus on improving, Science, Math, ELA and Civics to low achieving and disadvantaged high school students in Rockdale, Newton, DeKalb and throughout metro Atlanta. Certified teachers in our program will give small group instruction as well as one-on -one teaching in the above- mentioned academic areas. This intense and action-packed program is designed to help students achieve the following grade-level focuses:
- 9th Grade – Learn how to prepare for EOCTs (End- of-course Tests), which all high school students have to take. (These tests count for 15% or your child’s grade!)
- 10th Grade – Learn how to prepare for the PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Assessment Test), EOCTs (End- of-course Tests) and start to consider post- high school plans.
- 11th Grade – Learn how to prepare for SAT and Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) and EOCTs (End- of-course Tests).
- 12th Grade – Prepare and give students another opportunity to take the SAT again, if necessary and EOCTs (End- of-course Tests). The program will be June 2 through 17, 2019. Program days will be Monday thru Thursday. Classes will be held at Salem High School in Conyers, GA in Rockdale County. Interested students should direct their application materials by May 25, 2019 to Dr. Sherry Sutton , Educational Director/President at P. O. Box 1421 Conyers, GA 30012. A registration fee of $35.00 for the purchase of camp T-shirt and educational materials is required and can be paid by phone or U.S. mail. To contact us, call 678-313-3090. Students can also secure an application from their school counselor, or request one at firstname.lastname@example.orgThis free camp is sponsored by the American Institute for Resource and Human Development, Inc. (AIRHD) a Public not for profit 501(c) 3. Registration fee covers t-shirt and educational materials only. Submit completed application by U.S mail or email to email@example.comA registration fee of $35 for purchase of t-shirts and educational materials only,
- is required. Checks and money orders made to the American Institute for Resource and Human Development should be mailed to P.O. Box 1421 Conyers, GA 30012 or pay by phone.
- For questions, call 678-313-3090.
- SMEC Academic Summer Camp Application (Science, Math, ELA & Civics)