|American Institute for Resource and Human Development, Inc. (AIRHD)
Center for International and African Studies Outreach Office (CIASO)
Professor Fredoline Anunobi, Ph.D., GPA Project Director
AIRHD has received a Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Grant Award from the United States Department of Education, to conduct a five-week program of instruction, field study, cultural activities and curriculum development in Ghana for a group of 17 K-12 Social Studies, Humanities, Language, Math and Science teachers/faculty
A participant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and either
(i) a full-time school teacher or college/university faculty,
(ii) a graduate student, or
(iii) an undergraduate junior or senior student who intends to teach in modern foreign languages or area studies.
Applicants must submit a completed application package which includes:
(1) a fully completed application form with a non-refundable $100.00 application fee (cashier check only made payable to AIRHD);
(2) two-three page double-spaced typed essay describing reasons for applying including how you plan to use the experience acquired in Ghana to improve African area studies curriculum in your classroom and your willingness in making presentations in your school, district, regional, state and national conferences, as well as qualifications for participation in the program;
(3) two professional letters of recommendation from the school principal and supervisor;
(4) a resume or curriculum vitae; and
(5) unofficial transcripts of undergraduate and graduate work (only for students).
Upon notification of selection to participate in the program, selected candidates will have 5 working days to submit their payment of $1,300.00 made payable to AIRHD (via cashier check or personal check). This is the participant fee to defray costs not covered by the US Department of Education or AIRHD (including cost of the round-trip airline ticket, room & board, local transportation in Ghana, fees for museums and tour guides, Pre-Departure Orientation, books and reading materials, etc.). Selected participants will be required to complete all project-related activities: 1) a 4-day Pre-Departure Orientation scheduled on June 7-10, 2023 at AIRHD office at 1726 Montreal Circle, Suite 210 Tucker, GA 30084; 2) a five-week study tour seminar in Ghana for curriculum development and post seminar follow-up activities at AIRHD two months upon return to the US.
Deadline to submit all application materials is Friday, December 30, 2022. Notification for Selection of candidates is February 24, 2023. Upon selection, candidates are required to make Payment of $1,300.00 on Friday, March 3, 2023. Final selection will be subject to approval by the U.S. Department of Education in Washington, DC. (April 2023 TBA). Preference will be given to those who have not traveled to Ghana/Africa. Tentative date for travel to Ghana is June 16, 2023-July 21, 2023. All application materials should be mailed to American Institute for Resource and Human Development (AIRHD) P.O. Box 1421, Conyers, GA 30012. Interested applicants should contact Professor Fredoline Anunobi , GPA Project Director American Institute for Resource and Human Development (AIRHD) P.O. Box 1421, Conyers, GA 30012. 770-330-2780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates can download 2023 Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Application at Website www.american-resource.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.